Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bliss

We are about to release Gloria3 to North America, and I was wearing my other hat as Chairman of Gloria Music tonight as I listened to about 250 hymns being played by my Gloria3 prototype. Even I do not have a production model yet with the Celebration Hymnal coded into it.

But I do have the most recent prototype, and I was listening to it to see if I could find any glitches in the hymns as they played through Gloria. I did find a couple, but they were minor glitches and should be easily fixed, although it's a pain to have to go back and make corrections at this late stage. Some of those hymns have as many as 16 files playing simultaneously. I'm no programming expert, but it has to be a pain to maybe make a slight timing change to a hymn when all 16 files have to be changed and re-synced and then compiled back into the hymnal file. Ouch! When I find these things, the engineers and programmers on our team tend to use strong words like "darn" and "shucks". I don't blame them, but we've got to make sure we put our best files forward, so to speak.

Which is why I wanted to write this message. We strive to give people the very best experience we can. But with about 1500 hymns to keep track of, we might actually find we are human and made a mistake (heaven forbid!). So if you ever find something that you think is not right about Gloria3 I hope you would help us by telling us about it. The same goes as far as our little hymns2go store. We want your experience with us to be pleasant and fair, so don't hesitate to comment.

Of course, at some point I'll probably answer you, and expose my Lack of knowledge of things that are technical, but maybe I can persuade one of our smart engineers to help you. That's what is so cool about having some authority but being a little dumb. You can have some really bright person take care of things and then sit back and maybe someone will think you're smarter than you are because you pal around with smart people.

But we do want our customers to be well satisfied. So if you come across a problem or just want to comment on something (as long as it's not my tie - my daughter bought it for me) feel free to jump in and do so. I figure this is a great way to make friends, so let's make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment